Rosh Hashanah – Happy Jewish New Year 2019 Wishes, Messages, Quotes! Rosh Hashanah 2019 begins on Sunday, September 29, 2019 and ends on the evening of Tuesday, October 1, 2019. The exact date of Rosh Hashanah varies every year since it is based on the Hebrew Calendar, where it begins on the first day of the seventh month. Rosh Hashanah is almost always in September or October.
Rosh Hashanah Greetings Quotes:
- “May it be Your will, Lord our God and God of our ancestors, that you renew for us a good and sweet year.” – Hebraic Berakhah
- “We meet today to thank Thee for the era done and Thee for the opening one.” – John Greenleaf Whittier
- “As long as the candle is still burning, it is still possible to accomplish and to mend.” – Rabbi Yisrael Salanter
- “Rosh Hashana is steeped in ritual. We eat the head of a sheep or fish as a symbol of leadership and ascendency. We dip our challah and apple in honey in the hope of a sweet year.”- Rabbi Eliyahu Hoffmann
- “Like an apple tree among trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the youths.” – Song of Songs 2:3