To provide the students with an opportunity to acquire knowledge, skills and attitude in the area of transmission and distribution electrical energy with special emphasis on:
- Different types of transmission and distribution systems of electrical energy.
- Comparison of different types of transmission and distribution system.
- Electrical and mechanical design of overhead lines.
- Survey of transmission and distribution line route.
- Performance calculation of overhead transmission line.
Supply system: Different systems of transmission; Aspect of system loss; Mechanical design of overhead lines: support of overhead lines; conductors & conductor materials; Insulators; Effect of sag; Methods for survey of transmission/distribution line route; Voltage distribution of suspension insulator; Corona; Erection of poles and drawing of conductors of overhead line; Electrical design of overhead line: Resistance of the line conductor; Skin effect of transmission line; Effect of inductance on transmission line; Effect of capacitance of overhead transmission line; Performance of transmission lines: Voltage regulation and efficiency of short transmission line.