The Function of BTRC:
BTRC (Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission) is a Independent Commission that Build in Bangladesh Telecommunication Act, 2001.
BTRC Control all thing are related With Telecommunication in Bangladesh.
Structure of BTRC:
• System of Services
• Spectrum Management
• Engineering and operations
• Legal and Licensing
• Administration and Finance
BTRC Provided License:
• International Gateway (IGW) Service
• Interconnection Exchange (ICX) Service
• International Internet Gateway (IIG) Service
• Broadband Wireless Access (BWA)
• Cellular Mobile Telecom Mobile Operator
• Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
• Nationwide Telecommunication Transmission Network (NTTN) Service Provider
• Nationwide Optical Fiber telecommunication Transmission Network
• Internet Protocol Telephony Service Provider (IPTSP)
• Prepaid Card Service Operator
• Vehicle Tracking Service
• Internet Protocol Telephony Service Provider (Nationwide)
• Internet Protocol Telephony Service Provider (Central Zone)
• Internet Protocol Telephony Service Provider (Zonal)
• Internet Service Provider (ISP)- n=Nationwide, central zone, zonal, category A, category B, category C.
• VSAT User
• VSAT Provider
• VSAT Provider with HUB
• Call Center
• Hosted call center
• Hosted call center Service Provider.
Current Activities of BTRC:
• National Frequency Allocation Plan (NFAP)
• Suggest About Unified Licensing Regime (ULR)
• Suggest for Cellular Mobile Communication Services, Quality of Services (QoS) Parameters Standard.
• Suggest For Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
• Suggest About Draft Regulatory And Licensing Guideline of Submarine Cable (SC) System.