Environmental Engineering-1 Syllabus Diploma in Civil Engineering, Regulation 2010
- To enable to select suitable methods for collection and distribution of water from given source to given community.
- To enable to identify impurities of water of given sources and selected suitable method/methods of purification up to potable standard.
- To assist in comparing various types of water pipes and pipe fittings.
- To develop understanding of the procedure of construction, repair, replacement and maintenance of water supply systems.
- To provide understanding of the socio-economic aspect of water supply and sanitation(WSS).