- To acquaint with electrical engineering drawings.
- To develop skill in drawing isometric, oblique and orthographic views.
- To enable to interpret and skill to draw thread and fastening devises.
- To develop skill in drawing the symbols for electrical components and equipment.
- To develop skill in drawing the layout diagram of overhead distribution lines.
- To develop skill in drawing the layout diagram of a small sub-station.
- To enable to interpret the electrical layout diagram of a residential building.
- To enable and skill to draw Electrical circuit, plan with ECAD.
Drawing (elevation, plan and section) of electrical transmission and distribution line structure; Drawing of symbols used in electrical planning; Drawing of insulator used in overhead line; Drawing of pole mounted sub-station; Drawing of LT distribution line; Drawing electrical layout and single line wiring diagram of a small residential building; Using ECAD in electrical Drawing and circuit.
- Construct first and third angle orthographic views.
- Understand orthographic projection in fast and third angle.
- Choose minimum required number of views and complete orthographic Drawing of
- Draw three views of an object having hidden features.
- Identify and draw the missing view and missing line in a drawing of a engineering object.
- Draw Isometric Drawing.
- Understand and draw the isometric
- Draw an isometric
- Draw oblique views from orthographic views or actual object using isometric scale.
- Put dimensions on isometric d
- Draw Oblique drawing.
- Understand and draw the oblique
- Draw an oblique
- Draw oblique views from orthographic views or actual object.
- Put dimensions on oblique
- Prepare the drawing conventions of thread fastening devices.
- Draw the threads showing terminologies.
- Draw different types of screw thread profile with correct proportions.
- Draw the square/hexagonal headed bolt and nut with proper proportions showing
conventional and simplified thread form.
- Prepare the drawings of riveted and welded components.
- Draw the riveted and welded components using conventions and symbols.
- Draw a complete set of riveted joint and welded joint.
- Develop the drawing of an electrical distribution line structure.
- Draw the elevation, plan and section of a tubular steel pole used in LT distribution line.
- Draw the elevation, plan and section of a concrete pole (RCC/PCC) of the following cross sections.
- Draw the elevation plan and section of a wooden pole used in rural electrification.
- Construct the symbols for the equipment, fittings and fixtures commonly used in electrical installations.
- Draw the symbols for the following fittings and fixtures commonly used in electrical installation.
|·||Lamp (incandescent, fluorescent)||·||Choke coil|
|·||Lamp outlet||·||Starter (for tube light)|
|·||Ceiling rose||·||Cartridge fuse|
|·||Socket outlet||·||Power outlet|
|(2-pin & 3-pin)||·||Calling bell|
|·||Single way switch||·||MCB|
|·||Two way switch||·||MCCB|
|·||Intermediate switch||·||Magnetic contactor|
|·||TP switch||·||Indicating lamp|
|·||Change over switch||·||Earthing|
|·||Ceiling fan||Micro switch|
|·||Fan regulator||·||Exhaust fan|
|·||Combined switched socket||·||Renewable fuse|
|·||Distribution board||·||Sub distribution board|
Draw the symbols for the following equipment used in electrical installation.
|·||Motor (DC, AC)||·||Limit switch|
|(3-phase & 1-phase)||·||Rectifier unit|
|·||Motor starter||·||Lightning arrestor|
- Develop the drawing of insulators used in transmission and distribution line.
- Draw the elevation, plan and section of a standard suspension type insulator.
- Draw the elevation, plan and section of a 11 KV pin type insulator.
- Draw the elevation plan and section of a shakle insulator used in LT distribution line.
- Develop the plan of a pole mounted sub-station.
- Draw the plan of a H-type pole structure.
- Draw a transformer on the middle limb of the structure.
- Sketch the dropout fuses on the top of the transformer.
- Show the gang operated (GO) switch.
- Show the incoming and outgoing lines.
- Develop the drawing of a LT distribution line (11KV/0.4KV)
- Draw the layout plan of a LT distribution line.
- Draw the section of a pole showing the conductors.
- Identify the line, neutral, earth and street lighting conductors.
- Construct an electrical layout diagram and circuit diagram of a residential building.
- Draw a layout diagram of a small residential building.
- Show the electrical fittings and fixtures on the layout plan.
- Show the switch boards, distribution boards, energy meter and protective devices in the section plan.
- Sketch the section of the distribution board.
- Sketch the section of a switch board.
- Set up the drawing environment and drawing aids.
- Start an ECAD Package and identify the different areas of ECAD screen.
- Identify the menu bar, toolbar, drawing area and special windows for circuit simulation and testing purpose.
- Familiarize with tools, toolkits and buttons (such as arrow, wire, text, delete etc)
- Familiarize with workspace, conventions, preferences, shortcuts and hotkeys.
- Place components such as resistors, transistors, power supply etc.
- Save the drawing environment.
- Exit from the ECAD package.
- Draw and edit schematic Circuits.
- Place devices (such as resistors, transistors, IC, power supply, grounds etc) in the
- Reposition devices.
- Edit devices with values and parameters.
- Delete devices (if necessary).
- Wire devices together.
- Analyze a schematic Circuit.
- Familiarize device meters, value sliders, goal seeker and circuit analyzer.
- Add device meter to circuit diagram and set device meter values.
- View Circuit voltage and current or digital logic level.
- Change a device value and quickly analyze the circuit.
- Perform DC and AC analysis of the circuit using circuit analyzer/oscilloscope.
- Generate and print a frequency response graph.
- Perform Digital analysis of a digital circuit.
- Generate logic level graphs by using digital clock and oscilloscope.
- Organize the drawing information on layers.
- Identify the layer control options.
- Create and name the layers.
- Make the layer current and control layer visibility.
- Freeze, lock and unlock the layers.
- Set the layer color & line type.