To provide the student with an opportunity to acquire knowledge, skills and attitude in the area of Electrical Measurement and Measuring Instruments with special emphasis on :
- extension of instrument range
- operation of instrument transformer.
- measurement of the resistance of various ranges.
- Concept of operation of synchroscope, CRO and High voltage measurement.
- the concept of operation of meters for measurement of frequency, power factor, temperature, pressure, speed and flow.
Extension of instrument ranges: instrument range; Ammeter shunt, Voltmeter multiplier; Instrument transformer: construction and use of CT & PT; Measurement of resistance: Low resistance, Medium resistance and High resistance; Multimeter; Digital instrument; Frequency Meter: Principle of measurement, construction and operation; Power factor meter: Construction and principles of operation; Digital power factor meter; Synchroscope; Cathode Ray Oscilloscope: construction, operation and application; Electronic voltmeter; Special meters: meters for temperature, pressure, speed and flow measurements.