To be able to develop knowledge, skill and attitude in the field of the graphical representation of architectural design & drafting with special emphasis on:
• Free hand sketching
• Design element
• View( isometric, oblique, orthographic etc)
• Color design & rendering
• Surface development
• Perspective view (one point & two point)
Free hand sketching, composition, Design element, View, Isometric View, Oblique view, Orthographic view, Color design, Rendering, Surface development, One point perspective, Two point perspective.
1. Understand Free Hand Sketching:
1.1 Define Free Hand Sketching
1.2 Describe the necessity of free Hand Sketching
1.3 Discuss the free hand sketch materials used in free hand Sketching.
1.4 Describe the Principle & Technique of Free Hand Sketch.
1.5 Explain the scaling techniques of Free Hand Sketch.
1.6 Describe the use of different types of pencil in sketching.
2. Understand Free Hand Sketch (Human Figure):
2.1. State the necessity of Free Hand Sketch of Human Figure.
2.2. Describe the principle & technique of draw Human Figure.
2.3. Explain the Architecture Data in different situation for adults and children.
2.4. Explain the space required by human bodies in different working conditions & positions.
3. Understand Free hand sketches(trees, bushes & natures):
3.1. List the different types of Trees uses in Architectural Drawing.
3.2. Describe the different data of Trees uses in Architectural Drawing.
3.3. Describe the draw of Trees by pencil and charcoal.
3.4. Describe the draw of Bushes by pencil and charcoal.
4. Understanding Free Hand Sketching of different Objects:
4.1. State the necessity of free hand sketch of objects in Architectural Design.
4.2. Describe the principal and technique of free hand sketch of objects.
4.3. Describe between free and hand and dimensional sketches.
5. Understand the necessity & importance of composition:
5.1. Define composition.
5.2. State the list of composition.
5.3. Distinguish between different forms and composition.
5.4. Describe composition in different medium.
6. Understand the element of design and principle of design:
6.1. Define the element of design.
6.2. Discuss the necessity of element of design.
6.3. List the different types of element of design.
6.4. Define the principle of design.
6.5. Discuss the necessity of principle of design.
6.6. List the principle of design.
7. Understand the concept of view:
7.1. Define view.
7.2. State the necessity of view.
7.3. List the different types of view.
7.4. Describe the technique of isometric and oblique drawing.
7.5. Distinguish between 1st angle and 3rd angle method of orthographic view.
8. Understand the necessity of color in Architectural Design.
8.1. State the color.
8.2. Discuss the necessity of color use in Architectural Design.
8.3. List the different types of color.
8.4. Describe value weight and warmth of color.
8.5. State pigment, tone and shapes in color.
8.6. Describe the language of color.
9. Understand the concept of rendering and presentation:
9.1. Define rendering.
9.2. Describe the necessity of rendering.
9.3. Describe the importance of rendering.
9.4. State the technique of rendering.
9.5. State the general approach and materials required for rendering.
10. Understand the principal of Surface Development:
10.1. Define surface development.
10.2. Discuss the necessity and importance of perspective development.
10.3. Explain the uses of surface development in Architecture.
10.4. State the technique of surface development.
11. Understand the general feature of perspective drawing.
11.1. Define perspective drawing.
11.2. Discuss the necessity and importance of perspective drawing.
11.3. List the types of perspective drawing.
11.4. Mention the principle of perspective drawing.
11.5. Describe the methods of perspective drawing.
12. Understand the principle of One point and Two point perspective:
12.1 Mention the meaning of One point or parallel perspective.
12.2 Describe the methods of One point perspective.
12.3 Mention the meaning of Two point perspective or angular perspective.
12.4 Describe the methods of Two point perspective.
12.5 Mention the meaning of the distortion in perspective.
12.6 Describe the distortion from station point.
1. Prepare Free Hand Sketches:
1.1 Draw horizontal, vertical line.
1.2 Draw inclined and curve line.
1.3 Draw contour, expressive, regulating and drawing lines.
1.4 Draw free hand circular figure.
2. Prepare Free Hand Sketch(Human Figure):
2.1. Draw human figure in different working position.
2.2. Draw human figure with anthropometric Data.
2.3. Sketch three dimensional objects like still life and Abstract forms.
3. Prepare Free Hand Sketches (Trees, bushes, natures):
3.1 Draw different types of Trees with height.
3.2 Draw different types of Bushes.
3.3 Draw different type of natural symbols.
4. Prepare Free Hand Sketch of objects:
4.1. Draw the view of simple object in different position.
4.2. Draw different types of household object.
4.3. Draw different complex object having circular and hidden.
5. Perform composition and Design element in Architectural Drawing:
5.1. Make composition using straight and curve lines.
5.2. Make composition with geometrical forms.
5.3. Make composition with dots and circle.
5.4. Draw different element of Design.
5.5. Make composition with design element.
6. Prepare differents view of object:
6.1. Draw the isomatric and oblique view of simple object.
6.2. Draw the orthographic view of simple objects in 1st angle method.
6.3. Draw the orthographic view of simple objects in 3rd angle method.
7. Prepare composition applying color concept:
7.1. Make composition with primary colors of different grades.
7.2. Make composition with secondary colors of different grades.
7.3. Make composition with tertiary colors of different grades.
7.4. Prepare a color wheel and color charts.
7.5. Prepare a color scheme of a building.
8. Prepare Render & presentation:
8.1. Draw two dimensional object and make rendering with pencil.
8.2. Make different composition with color.
8.3. Prepare render of human figure indifferent positions.
9. Prepare development of different object:
9.1. Make development of simple object(i.e. cube, rectangular object)
9.2. Make development of a cylinder & a cone.
9.3. Make development of a pyramid having base & height.
9.4. Make development of prism/ pyramid cutting on 30” angle.
10. Perform the construction of the perspective view:
10.1. Draw the different step of One point perspective.
10.2. Draw the One point perspective view of an object using different step.
10.3. Draw the different step of Two point perspective.
10.4. Draw the Two point perspective view of an object using different step.
10.5. Draw the shape of object by changing vanishing point in One point perspective.
10.6. Draw the shape of object by changing vanishing point in Two point perspective.
1. Prathomic Engineering Drawing – Hemonta Kumar Bhattacharia.
2. Rendering with pen and ink- Robert W.Gill.
3. Order in space- keth Critchlow.
4. Architectural Rendering-Albert. O. Halse.
5. Adhunik Photography-Manzrul Alam Beg.
6. Professional Architectural Graphics-C. Leslie Martin.
7. Basic Perspective.
8. Creative Perspective.