• Able to understand the factors in planning and designing of residential building.
• To develop skills in orientation of different rooms of residential building.
• To provide knowledge and skills of working drawing of residential building
1. Understand the fundamentals of Architectural design.
1.1 State the terms of formal & informal design.
1.2 List the principles of architectural design.
1.3 List the elements of architectural design.
1.4 Describe the principles of architectural design.
1.5 Describe the elements of architectural design.
1.6 State the style of house.
2. Understand the aspect of residential building planning .
2.1 List the general requirement of a house.
2.2 State the different components used in residential building.
2.3 Describe the function of different components used in residential building.
2.4 Describe the location of different components used in residential building.
2.5 Mention the size of different components used in residential building.
3. Undestand basic areas of residential building.
3.1 List the basic areas of a house
3.2 Describe basic areas of a house.
3.3 State the living area of the house( Living and Dining).
3.4 State the sleeping area of a house ( Beds).
3.5 State the service area of a house (Kitchen , Utility and Stair ).
3.6 Explain the bubble diagram of a house.
3.7 Explain traffic pattern of a house.
4. Understand the room arrangement of a house .
4.1 State the location of different room of a house.
4.2 Describe the function of different room of a house.
4.3 Describe the functional relation of different room of a house.
4.4 State the criteria depends on select the size of rooms of a house.
4.5 State the meaning of the terms Foyer, Corridor,Passage,Verandha, Balcony, Terrace, Open
Terrace, Porch, Portico, Head room, Louver, corbell, Offset, Pojection wall, Pent house,,Drip
course & Groove.
5. Understand the different types of house.
5.1 List the different types of house.
5.2 Describe different types of house.
5.3 Describe Duplex & Split level house
5.4 Describe difference between single and multistoried building.
5.5 Describe advantage & disadvantage of single and multistoried building.
5.6 State the design process of residential building.
7. Understand the planning of staircase.
7.1 Define staircase.
7.2 Mention the classification of staircase.
7.3 Mention the space requirement for staircase.
7.4 State the relation between tread & riser.
7.5 Mention the planning consideration of staircase.
1. Perform the area planning.
1.1 Draw a bubble diagram showing different areas of a house.
1.2 Show the relationship of three basic area.
1.3 Draw a traffic pattern
1.4 Show the basic types of entrance.
1.5 Sketch a line plan showing different rooms.
2. Prepare the drawing of various environmental consideration.
2.1 Draw the winter and summer sun angle diagram.
2.2 Draw the shading device to control summer and winter sun heat.
2.3 Draw the plan showing position of the building.
2.4 Draw the room plan showing air movement of the room.
3. Prepare the drawing of staircase.
3.1 Draw the plan of a doglegged staircase in 1:50 scale.
3.2 Draw a section of a doglegged staircase in 1:50 scale.
3.3 Draw the plan of a three-quarter turn stair in 1:50 scale.
3.4 Draw the section of a three-quarter turn stair in 1:50 scale.
4. Prepare the presentation drawing.
4.1 Sketch a line plan of a multistoried two bed room residential building in a given area.
4.2 Draw the plan of the building in 1:100 scale.
4.3 Draw the 4-side elevations with rendering of the building in 1:100 scale..
4.4 Draw the section of the building in 1:100 scale.
4.5 Draw the roof plan of the building in 1:100 scale.
4.6 Draw the lay-out plan of the building in 1:200 scale.
5. Prepare the working drawing of a residential building.
5.1 Draw the floor plan of a house (working drawing) in 1:50 scale with detail dimensions.
5.2 Draw the elevations in 1:50 scale.
5.3 Draw a section in 1:50 scale detail dimensions.
5.4 Draw detail drawing of building component in 1:10 scale.
6. Prepare the detail drawing of toilet & kitchen.
6.1 Draw the detail toilet plan in 1:20 scale with different fixture layout.
6.2 Draw the section of toilet in 1:20 scale.
6.3 Draw the detail kitchen plan in 1:20 scale with different fixture layout.
6.4 Draw the section of kitchen in 1:20 scale.
1. Architecture Drafting and Design
2. wWRvBb ixwZ I ¯’vcwZ¨K aviv
Avey GBP BgvgDwÏb
3. AvwK©‡UKPvivj WªvdwUs – 1
†gvt iwdKzj Bmjvg