Aircraft Hardware, Materials and Processes Syllabus Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, Regulation 2010:
- To provide understanding of Aircraft Hardware, Materials and process.
- To familiarize about different types of hardware used in aircraft.
- Give understanding of load bearing capability in different aircraft constructional features.
- To given an ideas and knowledge on strength weight ratio an aircraft structure for selecting proper hardware & materials.
- Understand about different types of Heat-treatment and its processes.
- Understand the different types of corrosion and its methods of prevention and control.
Introduction to aircraft Hardware Materials types of hardware (revits, screws, fasteners, bolts, nuts, control cables), etc, Materials, Heat-treatments, corrosion effects and its control.
- UNDERSTAND THE BASIC CONCEPT OF AIRCRAFT HARDWARE:
- Define air craft hardware.
- Explain various types of hardware uses in aircraft structure.
- Describe about different hardware and its division.
- AIR CRAFT RIVETS:
2.1 Define aircraft rivets.
2.1 Discuss different types of rivets and its metals.
2.1.1 Solid shank rivets.
2.1.2 Bind rivets.
2.1.3 Huck mechanical rivets.
2.1.4 Head style (Flat head, round head, brazier head, universal head)
2.1.5 Dill lock rivets.
2.1.6 Deutsch rivets.
2.1.7 Pin rivets.
2.1.8 Explosive rivets.
2.1.9 Share rivets.
- AIR CRAFT FASTENERS:
3.1 Define the fasteners.
3.2 Explain the different types of fasteners and its metals using in aircraft.
3.2.1 Threaded fasteners.
3.2.2 Define threaded fasteners.
3.2.3 Explain different types of threaded fasteners.
3.2.4 Turn lock fasteners.
3.2.5 Define Turn lock fasteners.
3.2.6 Describe different types of Turn lock fasteners.
126.96.36.199 Dzus fasteners.
188.8.131.52 Cam lock fasteners.
184.108.40.206 Air lock fasteners.
- AIR CRAFT BOLTS:
4.1 Define air craft bolts
4.2 Describe about different types of air craft bolts and its metals.
4.2.1 General purpose bolts
4.2.2 Close tolerance bolts
4.2.3 Drilled headed engine bolts
4.2.4 MS and NAS Bolts
4.2.5 Special purpose bolts
4.2.6 Lock bolts
- AIR CRAFT NUTS:
5.1 Define different types of air craft nuts.
5.2 Explain about different types of Nuts and its metals using in aircraft.
5.2.1 Self locking nuts
5.2.2 Non-self locking nuts
- AIR CRAFT SCREWS
6.1 Define air craft screw
6.2 Describe about different types of screw
6.2.1 Threads screw
6.2.2 Structural screw
6.2.3 Machine screw
6.2.4 Self tapping screws
6.2.5 Drive screws
- AIR CRAFT CONTROL CABLES:
1.1 Define different types of control cables.
7.2 Describe about different types control cables and its construction.
7.2.1 Pulley and Fairless fittings.
7.2.2 Cable guide
7.2.3 Tension regulator
7.2.4 Material types.
7.2.5 Turn buckle
7.2.6 Push-pull Tube linkage
7.2.7 Push pull rod system
7.2.8 Torque tube system
8 AIR CRAFT PINS:
8.1 Define Pins.
8.2 Describe about different types of pins.
8.2.1 Flat-head pin
8.2.2 Cotter pin
8.2.3 Taper pin
8.2.4 Roll pin
8.2.5 Retaining safety pin
9 AIR CRAFT WASHER:
9.1 Define washer
9.2 Explain different types of washer
9.2.1 Flat/pain washer
9.2.2 Lock washer
9.2.3 Tooth lock washer
9.2.4 large-area flat water
9.2.5 Split-ring lock washer
9.2.6 Shake-proof lock washer
9.2.7 Special washer
- AIR CRAFT HOSE AND FITTINGS:
10.1 Define hose and fittings
10.2 Describe about different types of fittings
10.2.1 Metallic hose and fittings
10.2.2 Flexible hose and fittings
11 AIRCRAFT MATERIALS:
11.1 Define different types of materials.
11.2 Describe the properties of materials and its uses in aircraft.
12 MATEL WORKING PROCESS:
12.1 Explain metal working process.
12.2 Describe different types of metal working process.
12.2.1 Hot Working
12.2.2 Cold Working
13.1 Define Heat-treatments.
13.2 Describe the principle of Heat-treatment.
13.3 Discuss about Heat-treatment on different metals.
13.4 Describe about precautions of heat treatment process.
14 CORROSION AND ITS CONTROL:
14.1 Define corrosion.
14.2 Describe different types of corrosion.
14.2.2 Uniform surface corrosion
14.2.3 Fittings corrosion
14.2.4 Inter granular
14.3 Explain about different types of corrosion agents.
14.3.1 Acid and alkaline
14.3.6 Organic growth
14.4 Discuss about detection and removal of corrosion.
14.4.1 Visual inspection
14.4.2 Dye penetrate inspection
14.4.3 Ultrasonic inspection
14.4.4 Radiological inspection
14.5 Discuss about removal of removal of corrosion
14.5.2 Paint removal
14.6 Discuss about prevention of corrosion.
14.6.1 Mechanical corrosion removal
14.6.2 Chemical neutralization
14.6.3 Protective coating
14.6.4 Organic film
15 Electrical hardware and material
15.1 Define electrical hardware and material
15.2 Describe different types of hardware and material
15.3 Ware size
15.4 Twisting wires
15.5 Single chord
15.6 Double chord
15.7 Cutting ware and cable
15.7.1 Stripping wire and cable
15.7.2 Solder less terminals
15.7.3 Copper wire terminals
15.7.4 Aluminum terminals
15.8 Circuit protection devices
15.8.2 Circuit breakers
15.8.3 Reverse current relay
15.8.4 Over voltage and under voltage protection
- Show the different types of rivets and its constructional feature.
- Demonstrate the removal and installation of different types of revet.
- Observe the different types of screw and fasteners and its construction features practically.
- Demonstrate the removal and installation of different types of screw and fastener.
- Show different types of nuts and bolts and it constructions.
- Demonstrate the removal and installation of different types of nuts and bolts.
- Observe practically different type of control cables and its constructions feature.
- Removal and installation of different types of washers, pins and control cables.
- To identify the different types of corrosion.
- Observe practically how to use the different types of corrosion prevention and removal solution/agent.
- Airframe and Power plant mechanics
—————-General Handbook-AC65-9A FAA
- Airframe and Power plant mechanics
—————–Airframe Handbook-AC65-15A FAA
- A&P Technician Airframe Textbook
—————–International Standard Book Number 0-89100-395-9
- Aircraft Bonded Structure (Training Manual)
—————- Dale Gane, Aviation Maintenance Publications Inc
- Aircraft Material and Process
—————- George F.Titterton